Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Athletics Day!


YAY! Its a beautiful day... The sun is out and it is a great start to our school athletics day.

Every year we have a school athletics day, we have house colours as well . My group is Takitimu. These are the other groups: Tainui ,Te Arawa , and Mataatua.

We have 6 events, They are: Shot put , Discus , High jump ,Javelin (this is a new event-we just started this year) Sprints (75m-100m), and Softball throw.

Before we head out to our events we have to remember to Slip slop slap on some sunscreen and a hat, so we don't get Sun Burn.

As the year 6 and 7’s walk just out of the school grounds, we see cones and a box of softball’s.
Our leader Ms Tito, a teacher in our school gives us instructions on how to throw a softball.
I was the second to last person so I had a fear idea of how to throw a softball.

Finally I stepped up to the line with the soft ball in my hand, tension is in the air and my nerves are building up, because I am competing against great throwers.

“Okay, I can do this”
THUMP! The softball went farther then I thought it would go.

YES! I came 3rd out of the year 7, 12 year old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment